Chemotherapy is prescribed to treat cancer and is, typically, given in multiple drug combinations.
- Infusions may be continuous over a period of one week, or infused monthly over a specified period of time dependent on patient diagnosis, condition and therapy protocol.
- Long-term venous access device is desirable.
- Can be administered via gravity, IV push, or via infusion pump. Some chemo agents can be administered IM or SQ.
- Labs can be ordered several days per week, weekly or monthly depending on patients clinical condition and response to therapy.
- Typically not first dosed in the home. Please consult a Chartwell Pharmacist.
- Cancer-related diagnosis