Hydration is, typically, an acute therapy. Infusion may be continuous, daily or even weekly dependant on patients clinical status.
- Utilized to provide fluids for re-hydration
- Venous access device dependant upon frequency and duration of infusion. Durations of longer than 1 week should have short-term venous access device placed.
- Administered via controlled gravity device or by pump
- Labs ordered by physician based on clinical condition
- Typically can be first dosed in the home depending upon presence of additives